Self-serve beer machine in all-you-can-drink restaurant

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/20/self-serve-beer-machine-in-all.html

5 Likes

Call that a beer? The glass isn’t even full!

5 Likes

Oof, the dreaded frosty mug. Admittedly it seems on-brand for an “all-you-can-drink” restaurant.

2 Likes

Not that big of a fan of that much foam, if anything i find it annoying.

2 Likes

Neither perfect, nor a pint.

5 Likes

When you have unlimited refils, i’d imagine how full the glass is becomes far, far less important :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

Given that this is Japan, with an ever growing population of robots, the truly important question is, do they serve pints of motor oil? Or is this yet another establishment that discriminates against mechanicals?

7 Likes

It’s a blank canvas.

Version 2.0 of that machine will do this no doubt.

5 Likes

I wonder if I can fit my head in under there.

7 Likes

Well scrap the Alaska cruise, I’m going to Japan next year.

6 Likes

Reflecting on the economics of flat-rate “All You Can Drink” establishments … how about eliminating the free “All You Can Urinate” policy, and start billing customers per unit of urine discharged?

Bonus: with enough customers, you can sell their aggregated urinary data to BigMedCo.

3 Likes

It’s in [a Japanese “all-you-can-drink” restaurant]

Golly, I sure would like to put a dent in that.

3 Likes

I don’t think people in the US could handle something like this responsibly. I’m thinking of the infamous Cleveland Indians 10 cent beer night.

4 Likes

The karaoke room I went to in Japan had all-you-can-drink sake (just use the phone on the wall to order another tray).

Can’t wait until they open one in Utah.

That sounds like a recipe for guaranteed shenanigans.Sounds awesome.

Personally, I wish it were a root beer float.

2 Likes

Some robots have better technique then others:

3 Likes

We’ve matured since then… /s

1 Like

Mmmmm, “beer”