Senate confirms Paul Nakasone to head NSA and U.S. Cyber Command

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/04/24/senate-confirms-paul-nakasone.html

2 Likes

Someone…competent?!

7 Likes

7lPJ

1 Like

Please o please o please be a competent non-partisan!

What we don’t need is some guy who sees Russian cyber attacks and meddling and says, well they are only attacking blue states and Democrats so nbd.

6 Likes

Instead of an aggressive combatant tossing out threats, I’d rather a seemingly harmless and inoffensive spymaster who knows everything all the time, preferably someone capable of foiling plots without the plotters even knowing what happened.

But I guess that was too much to ask for. At least this guy knows what a computer is.

11 Likes

Cool, but what I want to know is who is heading up Space Force?!?

4 Likes

Mattis is competent. Just very hawkish.

And potentially corrupt.

4 Likes

So, this guy.

6 Likes

Major Matt Mason! Duh!

3 Likes

Yes. Perfection.

2 Likes

That would be John W. Raymond. Although “Space Force” is more formally known as the “Air Force Space Command.” It’s weird, it’s like the president of the United States doesn’t even know what’s in the US government, even the fairly major bits (Air Force Space Command is bigger than NASA) that he has direct control over. (Oh right, it’s because he actually doesn’t.)

5 Likes

I think half of Reddit expected Barron to get this job.

6 Likes

I know it won’t happen, but I would love for a prospective head of the NSA to show that their focus is on the defensive side of their mission. I’d love to see the agency turn their giant budgets to supporting cryptographically robust protocols and securing the vital systems of the country. I really don’t want the Russians and Chinese to fear how we will retaliate. I want it to be a fruitless effort.

8 Likes

And what about Star Gate Command? :sunglasses:

He’s perhaps not such a good fit for half the job, but that would be true of anyone for that two-headed position.

1 Like

No, no, he isn’t corrupt. He was obviously bamboozled into the Theranos thing.

Artist’s impression of how it happened:

1 Like

“They don’t fear us…”

I agree, that quote makes this guy sound alarmingly hawkish.

2 Likes

I had a Major Matt Mason action figure with a “lunar rover” that had rimless, spoked wheels (so that the spokes acted like feet); but mine was an hard, orange plastic, articulated body with a Caucasian head and hands molded in a rubbery material. He was maybe 8" tall. This was back in the late 60s or early 70s. I’m sure it was made by Mattel; and yet I can’t find it with an internet search. Weird.

1 Like

Well, if it’s a two-headed position we need to fill, I nominate Zaphod Beeblebrox!

2 Likes

The only reason any of these posts are vacant is because Mr Desiato is spending a year dead, for tax reasons.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.