Senate staffers issued ID cards whose "security chips" turn out to be just pictures of a chip

I don’t get the reference. Why Equestria?

1 Like

I’m sure this security lapse will result in a full FBI investigation and appear on the headlines for months.

1 Like

This is exactly the kind of treachery René Magritte warned us about.

19 Likes

The only thing that stops a bad guy with a picture of a gun Is a good guy with a picture of a gun.

16 Likes

It’s a My Little Pony reference. The show takes place in a land called Equestria. Wyden is the senator from Oregon, so I’m not really sure why that was changed. Maybe a Chrome plugin that swaps text?

4 Likes

Yes, that’s the part I don’t get. I’m aware of My Little Pony. What I don’t get is if this is some kind of weird plugin, or if Wyden is a secret brony or something.

3 Likes

But he has to be quick on the draw.

6 Likes

If we outlaw pictures of guns, only outlaws will have pictures of guns.

4 Likes

It’s standard two-factor security. Something you know, and something you have a picture of.

9 Likes

Thats word for word the exact reply i was going to write upon reading the article…

I’m slightly wierded out now :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I made you say that, too.

2 Likes

I’ll blame you for the typo i just had to fix then :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe Cory is secretly working for Hasbro?

1 Like

5 Likes

Hmm… who won the contract for this, and how much did the Senate pay for it?

Yep. And Dadaism did have its influence on Surrealism (the times we live in now!)

No idea, that’s quoted from the article itself. We would need to ask Cory why he wrote that.

The local high school drama club would make more realistic props.

1 Like

2 Likes

Or the security chip is a decoy and the actual security devices are not advertised.