Senator Sinema is, indeed, selling her used gear on Facebook Marketplace

Originally published at: Senator Sinema is, indeed, selling her used gear on Facebook Marketplace | Boing Boing

7 Likes

At this point she should hike her prices and fundraise.

5 Likes

Scammers in conservative zones looking on at trump do’ns: “Heeeey politics can be a quick and total scam! It it doesn’t have to be just a boring office in D.C. to slowly collect lobbyist graft”

3 Likes

Politician doing totally normal human thing - is this really a breaking story anyone cares about?

17 Likes

Was wondering that? Who cares if she’s a FB reseller? That’s not a real problem we should be discussing here about Sinema…

16 Likes

Didn’t someone in the other thread offer up the hypothesis that she might be being paid in schwag for favours then selling the schwag? Tho that seems like a pretty dollar-store grade grift for someone at Sinema’s level.

3 Likes

Did they? Can you link to that?

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

8 Likes

I’ll try, but I’ve just come back from the pub, and I’m drinking advocaat and listening to Xmas funk. Might take me a while :wink:

6 Likes

Found it. Not drinking any more Xmas booze now, feel a bit sick…

2 Likes

Okay, but do we have any facts to support the idea that her FB reselling is nefarious (like, probably millions of people, especially women, depend on reselling on FB to boost their incomes)? Like, do we really believe it’s a means of hiding her dark money payouts, considering how these have been largely legalized by citizens united, and besides there are probably far better ways of funneling gobs of ill-gotten cash into her bank account that are time-tested? Seems a real stretch to me.

9 Likes

She sold all the high ticket items years ago in other marketplaces.

3 Likes

I stopped buying used items from Senators online after the “solid hardwood” bookshelves I bought from Dianne Feinstein on Craigslist turned out to be a cheap Ikea set missing three screws.

17 Likes

Seriously. I have many points of contention with Senator Sinema, but a digital garage sale of her old bike frame instead of chucking it into a landfill is not one of them.

12 Likes

Oh, absolutely you’re right.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.