Sensor Watch, a replacement board for the legendary Casio F-91W wristwatch

Originally published at: Sensor Watch, a replacement board for the legendary Casio F-91W wristwatch | Boing Boing

8 Likes

So my old man (now in his 80’s) had one of these for years, and every time the time changed it was my job to update the time. This watch lasted for YEARS… Eventually the wrist band had broken so many times and had been duct taped back together that he asked my mother to see if he could she could get a new band. Well she asked me, so I went on to Amazon and saw that the watch is still for sale about $20, so instead of buying a new band I bought 2 new watches, I set one for standard time and the other I set for daylight savings time.
Job done!
:stopwatch:

19 Likes

I have two of these watches, one I’ve had for about 15 years. When the strap broke I got a NATO-style conversion with a nice two-tone seatbelt strap. It looks good!

3 Likes

I really like the Sensor Watch mod. Took it on vacation recently where there was no cell signal. It was nice to know current aprox temperature, and have world clock/home time without looking at my phone. I bought a gold and black watch face and it’s really nice to be able to customize the backlight to yellow to match.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.