Great mods for Casio's classic F-91W wristwatch, AKA the Terrorist Watch

Originally published at: Great mods for Casio's classic F-91W wristwatch, AKA the Terrorist Watch | Boing Boing

7 Likes

I’ve done some of these mods on similar watches in the past - namely the LCD inversion, as well as filling the watch with oil (or hydraulic fluid in my case). The fluid mod gives a really nice solid glass look to the display, removing all internal reflections and making the display super clear, and providing much (much!) better water resistance.

Changing the battery is now an arse of a job now… It’s a nice conversation piece though.

I’ve been sorely tempted to do the same with my Seiko/Alba W670 “Death Star”/“Darth Vader” watch, but haven’t had the gumption to do so to such a lovely little thing…

4 Likes

Unlike the watches, terrorists don’t use the same brand of box cutters, so that makes it harder to spot them.

3 Likes

I like his other mod that puts a brighter LED in and opens up the screen cover so more light gets out. The light on my W-59 (as functionally close to the F-91W as makes no difference) is almost completely useless.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.