Shooting at San Bernardino Elementary School Planned as Murder-Suicide, Authorities Say

They did it after Sandy Hook where 20+ children died. They won’t have any problem doing it here, where the only deaths (so far, at least) are adults.

14 Likes

25 Likes

No word from POTUS, which obviously means he is refusing to call it radical Islamic terrorism. He should probably resign before all the facts are in.

4 Likes

If I could think of something to say that would be of comfort to those recovering, or affect some material positive change in their lives, I certainly would say it now.

But since I can’t, maybe I should just trot out some contentious yet tedious and overplayed political agenda of mine that’s tangentially related, and make that the entire center of attention.

2 Likes

Americans are so very lucky that Obama never got around to taking away their guns. Think of how much less free to murder their spouses they would be without easy access to guns and ammo.

17 Likes

At least the shooter’s Second Amendment rights were protected. God forbid we should infringe on those rights with gun control regulation.

10 Likes

Do you? Really? Their track record says they have no fucks to give about children being shot.

10 Likes

Murderous domestic abusers could strangle or stab. The loss of freedom to kill bystanders through those close-up methods of murder must be what disturbs them.

That U.S. gun owner must have been tyrannized severely by recipients of government’s free education for him to defend his liberties and freedom by killing a special needs eight year old. Such a brave, sane member of a well-regulated militia to arm himself against so many tyrants.

Karen Elaine Smith was there with an aide and 15 special-needs students between first and fourth grades, according to Burguan.

14 Likes

“So it goes.”

9 Likes

Meanwhile in Texas:

7 Likes

“Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said Cedric Anderson had a criminal history, including arrests for domestic violence, weapons and drug charges. Burguan said he was not able to provide specifics about those cases. He said the criminal history preceded his relationship with Karen Smith.”

There is no way that anything I can imagine happening in my life that would lead me to take a gun to a school. It is unfathomable.

4 Likes

You have found a prime example of “conservative humor” – criticisms often delivered with smile and some bitterness, and laughed at with some bitterness, as well. Not really funny. I figure these kind of jokes are more useful among conservatives to identify themselves to each other. If I were correct, that might explain why there aren’t any well-known politically conservative stand-up comics. PS. Here’s an article with smarter hypotheses than mine:

7 Likes

I dunno, I find it pretty fathomable.

When people get hurt, it is in our nature to strike back. When I’m in emotional distress, there is always an urge to violence: to smash, to destroy, to rend. I generally find productive places to channel that energy, and then let it dissipate. It’s no more alien to me than an urge to snack on chocolate that comes and goes. Given the chance to think the thing through, I can generally repress this sort of urge. But the urge to destroy is harder to deal with, the worse I’m hurting, and the urge to snack is harder to deal with, the closer I am to chocolate.

All I’m saying is, although there is no way I can imagine anything happening in my life that would lead me to take a gun to a school, I’m quite glad that, when the next major tragedy in my life hits (and there’s no doubt that one will, eventually), I won’t have any easy way to acquire a firearm.

10 Likes

You forgot “false flag.”

12 Likes

It only took two comments after your own for the normal folks that do this to show up.

9 Likes

Good thing Nevada is next door.

If that agenda involves doing something about gun violence instead of just saying “There’s nothing to be done!” while polishing a firearm collection, sure.

Updated to include both you in one reply for consistency in audience participation.

8 Likes

I can see being angry enough to kill someone, or distressed enough to kill myself. But the idea of innocent kids at a school. Just no.

4 Likes

Because they’re all librul sodomites hurr durr.

I guarantee you more than two people were shot dead in [your red state here] today.

Must have been a white person. When there’s someone of color involved, even if they didn’t do it, then ooh ooh ooh! ISIS! Terrorism! Al Qaeda! sexy news story terrible tragedy…

We get sold out surprisingly cheaply over here. We’re talking hundreds, maybe thousands of dollars per human life, but also thousands of dollars per bought politician. Not only are out politicians bought, they’re bought on the cheap.

5 Likes

See. I can’t see myself being angry enough to kill someone else. Myself, maybe, but even that’s so far out of my typical state of mind that it’s barely comprehensible to me.

If I ever got angry enough to kill, I would have to be in such an emotional state that reason is completely out the window. Beyond just having to overcome my own nonviolent nature, there are consequences to killing people. Not just consequences to me and to the victim, but consequences to my relatives, the victim’s relatives, the community, and everyone who has to sort it out, from the person who has to clean up the body to the people who have to close the case. Beyond being evil in its very nature, it’s a total dick move. It’s just not something I would ever do.

And yet, I must acknowledge that I’m human. Telling myself that I’m incapable of murder, under any circumstance, no matter what thoughts are emotions are going through my head at that time, would be nothing more than wilful delusion. My grandfather was a soldier. The translation of the other side of my family’s name is “Bowman.” It’s inconceivable to me, if I go back far enough, that there isn’t blood on someone’s hands, somewhere in my bloodline. So sure, I’m probably capable, under some pressure that I can’t imagine. But whatever pressure that is, whatever stress you’d have to put me through, whatever pain that would have to be inflicted upon me… Whatever was left of my rational mind at that moment wouldn’t have much time for thoughts of consequences.

Not even the consequences being visited upon little kids who are just going to school.

7 Likes

I think we all pretty much are, given the right push. :frowning2:

Me, I am deeply, sincerely glad that guns weren’t easily available to me while I was at school.

3 Likes