Shooting at San Bernardino Elementary School Planned as Murder-Suicide, Authorities Say

And maybe the kid hiding behind her would have got caught up in the strangle…

3 Likes

This is something I rarely see brought up. These mass shootings are almost always committed by men. And by “almost always”, I mean you can probably count the number of female mass shooters throughout history on your fingers. Can we just make a law that forbids men from owning guns?

14 Likes

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/boingboing/original/3X/2/5/250f71c7907a08d265912dfc0840c2f7a87b3c2f.png

3 Likes

There are an entire class of people who are not mentally or emotionally equipped to interact with society that we call “adults” just because they turned 18.

There are far more men in this bucket that are dangerous than women simply because of the unfortunate side-effect of having only one functional chromosome and the effects of testosterone.

Why gun owners think these people deserve to be armed is beyond me.

Almost makes one wish eugenics was still a thing. Or perhaps ammunition coated with skin absorbable testosterone blockers.

3 Likes

Apparently, the answer to all proposals that restrict firearms usage or require any training or insurance for owners is always “no” followed by some gun fondling.

9 Likes

We all have a snapping point. I have seen several people snap under combat related stress, including one person who I had worked with for decades, who succumbed to job pressure and about 60 hours of no sleep. He went to his office and shot himself in the head. And I had been in combat with that officer several times. Cool under pressure. It was the sleep deprivation that got him. But the point is that the desire to locate a bunch of little kids to massacre is not one of the things that pops into a normal person’s head, no matter what is happening in their life.

2 Likes

I always am reminded of this:

13 Likes

Reading through ever single comment, I don’t see a one that mentions any real solutions to curbing domestic violence. Not a one. There’s a lot of “NRA kills children” blame going on, but let’s face it, if this woman got shot (or strangled or beaten or had acid thrown in her face) anywhere but a school nobody would give a crap. Nobody.

1 Like

You forgot to post your real solution to curbing domestic violence.

Or don’t you give a crap either?

19 Likes

Yes I care and I’ve put my money where my mouth is, but you’re also not interested in having a rational discussion, you’re only interested in putting me down to make yourself get a couple of “likes”. I’ll take the bait though. How about everyone make a real push for better mental health care? I have a friend of mine who is suicidal but luckily she works at a major health center with great health care including psychiatric. If she’s having a bad day, she can actually take a break and go talk to someone professional before it gets out of hand. It might have actually saved her life a couple of times. That’s one clear solution for at least a few people. I bet you didn’t even know that the guy who shot up the McDonalds in which prompted Bill Clinton to propose the 1994 assault weapons ban, was a welder who had a huge amount of heavy metals in his brain and tried to seek treatment for the voices he was hearing. I bet you didn’t know that? What would have happened if instead of blaming assault weapons, Bill Clinton ALSO came out publically and supported mental health?

2 Likes

Dude, what is your problem?

You want to argue about Bill Clinton? What?

9 Likes

Please provide proof of your extraordinary claim.

9 Likes

Too soon.

Nope, black guy. When have you ever met a white Cedric?

1 Like

People talking about the age at which people are allowed to own guns: he was 53. FIFTY-THREE.

People describing this as domestic violence: my understanding is that domestic violence happens inside a home. This may stem from domestic violence - they were apparently married briefly - but took place at a school. A SCHOOL.

7 Likes

Well, the readily available guns and the NRA that fights for the status quo are definitely facilitators, but they’re not the cause in and out of itself.
I would say there’s something deeply wrong with the US itself. Although maybe not quite exactly at the same level, there are other countries with readily available guns (Canada or Switzerland come to mind). None suffers from what seems to be becoming a somewhat common occurence.

2 Likes

Last week. Not even joking.

8 Likes

8 Likes
  1. You never met that guy and 2) I meant an American Cedric.
3 Likes

Men!

Stop treating women like your property.

You have no right to someone else’s life, no matter how much you “love” her.

FFS

15 Likes