Show off your painted miniatures!

When I had my little painting lesson at the game store down the road, the teacher tore the covers off of unsold GW magazines devoted to painting their stuff and gave them to us. Great little how-to guides on how to paint such-and-such a figure, but the techniques could be used with any job.

Such an amazing leap over the state of the art when I was first actively painting ('77 - '86).

1 Like

Well, I would post up some images, just… as a newly signed-up user, am not able. Sad panda.

links are good. we will take links.

1 Like

Can’t post directly, but here is my Flickr album with a Ork Warboss

3 Likes

And yeah you are the sort that makes me think I still suck even though I know I don’t. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Excellent work sir or madam as the case may be.

1 Like

There you go.

1 Like

Thanks. There are other models in my Miniatures Collection

Have you tried pasting in a flickr URL? That works for me.

Ork looks awesome.

1 Like

I thought the link under the “Miniatures Collection” worked. Cannot post the URL directly. Here it is in silly form: www[dot]flickr[dot]com/photos/darksaga66/collections/72157604140338520/

Cheers!

It worked for me. shrug

My post with the full miniature collection URL was tagged as SPAM apparently and hidden from view.

You triggered a “new user spam threshold” thingy! I think I’ve cleared it. Hi!

Thanks! No spam from me. Just what people might like to see.

Cheers!

Kudos for getting a nice yellow paint job on your Imperial Fists. It is a proverbially difficult colour to get looking good.

pretty late to the party, but here it goes:

4 Likes

jet-pack dude is pretty cool.

I think of the Rackham minis my best is the Dasyatis clone https://www.flickr.com/photos/21265815@N07/15911782746/

1 Like

Also, my stuff is getting flagged as spam as a new user here… :frowning:

@emo_pinata I have this game coming hopefully this late summer as I piggy backed the kickstarter. The designs are amazing. I have another two figures to finish off from the resin kits they have had in their store.

For stripping lead minis use acetone.

For stripping plastic and resin, use a household cleaner that contains a alcohol, like isopropanol.

This discussion got me off my ass. I finally unboxed the latest shipment of Bones miniatures:

I think it was nice for the box artist to draw those pants, so we didn’t have to see werewolf junk.

Orcs, giant scorpions, dragons and Egyptian gods . . . all go into the sudsy bath!

1 Like