Sledding down an empty road in Birmingham, AL

It’s pretty simple, that cheering section is in front of Crestwood Tavern (no doubt the sledder’s point of origin), where the average patron probably thinks he’s going 15 miles an hour sitting on the couch.

2 Likes

Yep, there’s a Five Points in Birmingham.

Did they ever get a fryer? When I lived in Crestwood the Tavern had just opened and my strongest memories center around the disappointment of receiving a handful of sad Ruffles with my sandwich, instead of french fries or fresh chips or something.

Sorry, no idea about the fryer. I’ve never ordered any food there. My attraction to the place is being able to knock back a cold one sitting on a couch, also feeling comfortable there as a 50-something. I really like the Garage Cafe, my son’s favorite venue, but as soon as I foot in the place I feel as if I should be taking roll (ex high school teacher). I don’t live in B’ham, but visit (often) from Louisiana. Next time I’m in town I’ll recce CT’s culinary accoutrements.

No worries. :slight_smile: I didn’t actually expect an answer.

I love the Garage. Bought my Dad a Buddah statue from the garden there for his 50th birthday. Besides the friends we made, the Garage is one of the few things we miss about the South.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.