Sleepless in Switzerland: 'Zero star hotel' room is a real bummer

Originally published at: Sleepless in Switzerland: 'Zero star hotel' room is a real bummer | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Couldn’t I get the same experience by just not sleeping at any given gas station? Then my cash could be spent on a more enticing breakfast.

5 Likes

“What’s important is reflecting about the current world situation. Staying here is a statement about the need for urgent changes in society.”

The sociopaths responsible for the current world situation sleep just fine in five-star hotel rooms.

7 Likes

If “Taken” and “Hostel” has taught me anything, its that any cheap lodging in Europe where you don’t end up as in a human trafficking or murder for sport scheme is a good one.

1 Like

Similar, but no “modern butler”

2 Likes

I was curious what that means, exactly, but a google search had me covered:

http://archive.boston.com/jobs/news/articles/2008/03/23/old_vs_modern_butler/

Apparently downloading podcasts for the employer is part of the duty?

4 Likes

My bet is that people actually will rent this thing. Just to take duck-faced selfies for their Instagram. You know, creating content.

Yeah, yeah, I know. I’m a grumpy old person. “You influencers get off my lawn!!”

2 Likes

“Sleep is not the point,” said Frank Riklin.

I think you underestimate my ability to sleep.
A bigger question here is, do you get to use the gas station bathroom? And does it have a shower?

3 Likes

What does an organic finger taste like?

1 Like

Right! Calling it a ‘suite’ when there’s not even a bathroom…
No. Not on!

3 Likes

Those prices are absolutely what I would expect, having recently returned from Switzerland.

Bring a net; the blackflies are terrible.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.