Slow down yellow flag for multiple replies?

Well - it seems like there is now a “slow down” yellow flag implemented. Quickly post 2 or 3 relies in a thread and you may see this pop up in a box:

Consider replying to several posts at once

Rather than many sequential replies to a topic, please consider a single reply that includes quotes or @name references to previous posts.

You can edit your previous reply to add a quote by highlighting text and selecting the quote reply button that appears.

It’s easier for everyone to read topics that have fewer in-depth replies versus lots of small, individual replies.

It’s easier for you. I find it totally confusing when there are replies to 4 people in a comment addressed as a reply to me.

3 Likes

just to clarify - that isn’t my comment, it is a system box that popped up when i tried to rapid reply many places in the thread.

Seems like there could be better “multi reply” funcitonality, or maybe it exists and I just am not aware.

Ah, fair enough. Thanks.

Consider using the greater than sign to create a quoted text block when quoting. (edit: I see this has happened, thanks!)

But I still find the multiple replies in one comment thing, confusing.

And further, when a thread gets over about 100 comments I find the whole thing almost un-navigable.

1 Like

Just select text you want to quote with your finger or mouse, then click or tap the “quote reply” button that appears above it. Repeat.

This also works if you select text and press the Reply button, at least for kicking off with your first quote.

Alternately: press the first toolbar button to quote the entire post (not recommended).

Try it out!

What’s confusing about it, exactly?

It’s difficult to follow, if the thread’s big enough, unless you use the arrows to bounce about, and as multi-replies seem to attach themselves to every person they’re addressing’s comments, they pop up as often as singular replies anyway. I just go, ‘eeeh. whatever’ and click it away, personally.

1 Like

something like that.

This topic was automatically closed after 1079 days. New replies are no longer allowed.