Smile and Cry soap was a terrifying bathing treat

Originally published at: Smile and Cry soap was a terrifying bathing treat | Boing Boing

1 Like

Shudder!

As far as calendar eras go, this treat would fall in as BMR (Before Market Research).

5 Likes

Silly and adorable were not the words that came into my head.

9 Likes

aww to bad it doesn’t come in a bonus pack with lotion.

Product re-issue? Now with soluable layered-material reveal, gradually showing us a reverse sequence of fetal development. So educational!

That would be even better than those rubber baby-doll heads we always pulled off, then turned inside-out. See also… "The Dark" -- Arch Oboler - YouTube

2 Likes

I guess this might be cute (to some people) when you first get it. But if you wanted to keep the play aspect while also using it as soap, you’d soon have a baby with two melted-off faces, wrapped in a moldy shroud in a rotting cardboard coffin. Which is way cooler.

Anyway, when I saw the headline I was hoping this was about Johnson & Johnson’s original “far more tears” baby shampoo formula, infused with a mixture of Smilex and CS gases.

Pestered mom until she bought this for me. Can report not as hirsute as advertised. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

I had forgotten about this until just this moment. Thanks for this blast from the childhood.

3 Likes

I’d suggest you start carving your own.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.