Snake: crowdfunding an encrypted, easy-to-use social network

Ok, well, it’s not aimed at me or anybody I know - and rather, seems to be aimed at people in their early-to-mid 20’s. But that’s a big part of why I hate those link-baity “X reasons you should do Y” headlines in general, and isn’t limited to that article in the slightest :slight_smile:

1 Like
seems to be aimed at people in their early-to-mid 20's.
I agree that it's focused on people in their 20's in some sections, but there's many other points within the article that apply fairly universally. For example, many people of all ages are concerned with privacy/stalkers (section 2), tracking (section 5), depression/unhappiness (section 6), annoyances (section 7, 10, etc.).

“Facebook? Haw, nobody’s on that thing!” MySpace offices, 2007

I don’t see anything that Cryptocat doesn’t already do. And it’s already for real and has been real-world tested.

Cryptocat? You’re kidding. [It’s notoriously a total clusterfuck of incompetent design.][1]
[1]: http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/07/bad-kitty-rooky-mistake-in-cryptocat-chat-app-makes-cracking-a-snap/?comments=1

1 Like

Facebook has some odd Walmart vibe to it. Even the colour scheme is the same…

1 Like

I’ve been wary of Cryptocat for that exact, same reason, but from what I understand, FWIW they admitted fault, addressed the issue and apologized.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.