Snapchat says it will ramp up efforts to detect fentanyl sales on its platform

Originally published at: Snapchat says it will ramp up efforts to detect fentanyl sales on its platform | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Snapchat?

So Tony at the corner is out’a business, I guess…

3 Likes

A private communication medium that* deletes your conversations when they are over? Who could have imagined that it would be used for illicit transactions?

In my house it is mostly used for teenagers to connect without snoopy parents checking on them.

*(purports to)

2 Likes

This is most likely going to increase Facebook’s fentanyl market share.

3 Likes

Wait a tic… I can buy drugs on Snapchat?

1 Like

Someone on tumblr recently began following me. I checked them out, and their self-description, in the banner right at the top of the blog, said they sell opioids and mentioned several by name, including oxycontin. A mobile # to text and an email address were provided. I reported them, and the blog is gone. I’d never seen such a thing before, and I’ve been on tumblr for over a decade.

I see people all over soundcloud with profiles that are there just as drug dealers… most do seem to sit in the semi-legal territory (they live in Cali and send weed nationwide for example, so them possesing it isn’t a crime, although the sending it is).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.