So what happens when women just accept compliments online?

Gweneth Bateman got tired of the negative response from men when she would ignore compliments from them.

The 18-year-old said most of the boys who criticised her felt they were owed a response and that she should be grateful for the compliment.

So she decided to record her interactions when she actually accepted those compliments.

The results are not surprising.

2 Likes

Without even reading the article, let me guess…things got worse instead of better.

Do I win something?

2 Likes

You win this Carlton dancing gif!

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

1 Like

What the actual fuck. Not that I’m surprised in the least. I’ve experienced this myself.

Women can never win when it comes to this: if you don’t take the compliment, you’re a rude bitch, if you do, you’re an arrogant bitch,

Whodathunkit? Dickheads are dickheads regardless of how you respond to them

How bizarre - amazingly cool way to go about understanding the weird ways people try to interact. She earns a billion internets! And not just because I say so. Major respect to those who deal directly with the odd contradictions of social protocol many take for granted.

Have I told you how lovely your comments look lately?

2 Likes

Eh, shut up, you lovely gentleman!

1 Like

From Dethklok’s official sexual harassment in the workplace video:

Male Klokateer: Is that a new belt? Female Klokateer: Yes, it is. Male Klokateer: [gets shocked immediately] AHHHHHHH! Facebones: Best to avoid all those compliments and continue working! Now let's watch that again without all those confusing compliments!

Words to live by facebones.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 767 days. New replies are no longer allowed.