Social Justice Board Games

Originally published at: Social Justice Board Games | Boing Boing

1 Like

My family has had fun playing this cooperative-but-challenging board game, though the theme was a bit too on-the-nose when we first had occasion to play it in 2020.

5 Likes

This game sticks in my mind as a counter to Monopoly, although I only saw it at the store and never played it.

On the other hand, I did happily play this anti-Monopoly game a lot of times. I can’t call it a social justice game, but it was a lot of fun trying to be the first to go bankrupt.

1 Like

2017’s Spirit Island was a game about getting European colonialists to fuck off (using the power of ghosts!)

5 Likes

is a useful resource for finding games that don’t reinforce individualism or competition, though they may not be explicitly overtly political in intention.

I recently got a nibling of mine the board game Aquicorm Cove, based on the beautiful graphic novel of the same name. It’s all about cooperation and sustainable community-building in a small coastal fantasy environment. It’s also visually gorgeous and endlessly replayable.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.