Solar power is revolutionizing life for opium farmers

[Gasp] You mean you don’t even use cage-free photons??

5 Likes

Whole Foods was out, so I had to go to Market Basket where they didn’t have cage-free ones.

3 Likes

Apparently it’s OK though for addicts in the rest of the world, or how am I to understand this?

2 Likes

I think this year has done a lot to educate people, and especially journalists, about the correct usage of “exponential”.

Plus, everyone learns about it in school, right?

2 Likes
2 Likes

Oh, don’t start that all over again.

(It starts about 20 or so posts in.)

4 Likes

oh-behave-👍😀-avocado-vegan-vegansofaustralia-vegansofbrisbane-lo_phixr

4 Likes

Thank you for the thread pointer - a veritable gold mine of toast puns :rofl:

(mind you I’m still boggling that Paul Young and Streetband managed to get that song up to no. 18 in the singes chart in 1978 - I was 10 and still remember it. Mind you I’d rather that kind of madness than the ordure we find ourselves in these days…)

4 Likes

toastr

5 Likes

Pumping out ground water and growing extra crops? Cue ecological collapse in a few years.

3 Likes

Occam’s Razor may help with the comprehension (in other words: it was sloppy writing on my part. My bad.)

Not just that, no water means problems for far more than just crops.

Going to be some interesting immigration trends in the next 10 years, this isn’t the only desertification going on, and unless carbon dioxide production slows, sea levels will rise too… ugh

3 Likes

4 Likes

Well, that was fun! Just the sort of thread I like to read here on Boing Boing!

Thanks for pointing me the right way.

2 Likes

It was kind of epic, wasn’t it. :wink:

1 Like

KkzPgiv

3 Likes

That thing with the bread when you put it in the box and burn it

This raises one of the most profound metaphysical issues there is. If burnt, is it still toast? At some point is must not be - it is just a pile of burnt ashes. But at what point? A thin circumference of black round the edges but brown in the middle? Still toast. A thin layer of mainly black that can be scraped off to reveal the brown beneath? Still toast - just. Black to the core? Not toast any more. But when is it one and not the other? This is a philosophical grey area.

And why do we say someone ‘is toast’ when they’re done for? Tell a slice of bread it is toast and it could not be prouder - it is what they live for. English usage is nothing if not contradictory.

2 Likes

I think what you’ve stumbled upon here is that the bread has no inherent toastness; the toastness comes from within you.

1 Like

Hmm … I am feeling pretty toasty, right now!

“Toastiness is as toastiness feels”

1 Like

CatToast

2 Likes