Somebody attempted to murder a Chinese producer from Netflix's "The Three-Body Problem" with poison

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/25/somebody-attempted-to-murder-a-chinese-producer-from-netflixs-the-three-body-problem-with-poison.html

2 Likes

People trying to murder each other is usually weird, but this is weirder than most.

1 Like

These viral marketing campaigns are getting out of hand.

8 Likes

There are not a lot of films where the ‘making of’ is also a whodunnit.

4 Likes

What?

Looks behind himself…

Why’s everybody looking at me?

3 Likes

Weird that we just got that radio signal from Proxima Centauri.

4 Likes

So now China is counterfeiting Russian goods (techniques?) [with typical lesser quality]…

I’m wondering if this is just someone being a psycho, or if there’s some overlap between organized crime and the television/film industries, as has been known to happen…

1 Like

The book also deals with parts of the Cultural Revolution that some might wish…deemphasized.

2 Likes

Chinese version of John “Handsome Johnny” Roselli?

2 Likes

Looks like they succeeded…

3 Likes

Yeah. A number of countries have issues with organized crime in entertainment industries. I guess it’s a good way to launder money, although they also control whole aspects of the business in some places. Apparently in Japan, the Yakuza pretty much run all the talent agencies, for example.

2 Likes

Looks like the the three body problem has been reduced to 2

Dead bodies are still a problem.

This is an ideal Liu Cixin plot.

1. Strange message from another star
  2. Strange event on Earth
  3. Nothing happens for 1000 pages
  4. All is revealed
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.