Someone made a terrific tiny replica of The Simpsons' purple TV that randomly plays episodes from the series

Originally published at: Someone made a terrific tiny replica of The Simpsons' purple TV that randomly plays episodes from the series | Boing Boing

7 Likes

That’d sell like hot cakes round the holidays.

5 Likes

The “shut up and take my money!” meme has rarely been more applicable.

5 Likes

This is awesome, but I’m feeling nit-picky so here goes.
That is clearly a CRT, so it’d need a lens to protrude from the screen for complete effect.
Also playing McBain clips seems more appropriate to me.
Again, this is really, really awesome. I’m just spitballing here.

2 Likes

I think selling these would get complicated with licensing and all.
Or just sell the TV and provide preconfigured software to transcode and upload whatever you want on it.
Anyway, I’d buy it.

2 Likes

I was listening to this explained elsewhere in a podcast and I think the interesting thing about it isn’t that it just plays a random episode when you turn it on. Instead it’s always playing episodes and when you turn the screen on you just get whatever it’s currently playing, even if it’s mid-episode, y’know like real broadcast television used to be.

1 Like

Itchy and Scratchy alternating with McBain

2 Likes

G1t8gvA

3 Likes

shut-up-and-take-my-money-o|nullxnull

4 Likes

It’s scaled down to about 3" wide so the protrusion would end up being about 1/8 of an inch. A piece of very thin plexiglass forced into a pre-cut slot could be warped enough to give the desired effect without making a custom molded piece.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.