Someone's "selling" colors as NFTs

Doesn’t white have to pay all the other colors a royalty?

4 Likes

If you click on this NFT, then you owe me whatever I ask for. Get ready to pay up.

5 Likes

I’ll give you all the Etherium I have.

6 Likes

For a small fee, whenever I am about to think of you, I shall substitute the planet Uranus.

4 Likes

Uh, @googledrive, are you doing okay? This file literally contains a single line with the number “1”.

4 Likes

I will give you an NFT of the sound of money…

3 Likes

On this timeline, that’s a valid prediction.

1 Like

It’s almost impressive how quickly NFTs have degenerated from at least going through the motions of being a type of cultural artifact to just selling the promise of being able to extract rents.

Not surprising, and not the right kind of impressive; but still.

4 Likes

ya dig

7 Likes

Did you know that bullshit is also unique? Using DNA, cow patties can be precisely traced back to the individual animal. For a small fee I will name the bull after you. It will then be ground into a fine mince and made into hamburgers. You may collect the e-burgers or resell them. You will be entitled to a percentage of the price of each burger.

4 Likes

Every time I think NFTs have reached peak stupid, they smash right through the bottom of that barrel and hey, turns out there’s an entire other barrel down there, ready to get scraped.

7 Likes

Damn, you beat me to it. I was going to be rich!

3 Likes

No need to monkey with your TV’s settings.

4 Likes

. . . convert hexadecimal to pure number . . .

What does that even mean?

Hexadecimals are numbers. Or do they mean they’re gonna go fetch the Platonic ideal of numbers?

8 Likes

and what ever he’s doing, I will name doing that thing after you, and it will be a real bargain.

and to be clear, it will be giving me your money that I will name after you, and not the actual doing of the thing.

4 Likes

All those moments will be lost in time, like NFTs.

4 Likes

A “fun” exploration of the racist origins of the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFTs.

9 Likes

So how long until somebody rights a smart contract virus that just fucks the system?

God knows there is nothing protecting these systems because security was too expensive to implement.

3 Likes

For an enormous fee, I will sell you the NFT of the site (currently) hosting the coordinates of the telephone pole where the drawing of the star is posted. Very few polar bears will die in the mining of this token, so basically you will be saving the planet.

7 Likes

Some guy at artnet actually contacted the ADL about this theory, inadvertently giving rise to the pernicious idea that NFTs have a nonzero value that’s worth defending.

1 Like