Sony tries, fails to scrub Playstation 4 Slim photos off the net

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/08/23/sony-tries-fails-to-scrub-pla.html

Golly gosh gee willikers, they’ve decided to make it a black plastic box! The implications for the industry, they are staggering.

9 Likes

Yeah, I thought it would be like all previous gaming systems I owned that came as loose boards connected by wires that I was expected to hang from my wall and aim cooling fans at.

6 Likes

"We tried to get the engineers to make it even blacker. We said, ‘How much more black could you make this.?’

“And they replied, ‘None. None more black.’”

8 Likes
3 Likes

Hey, it’s important. If they make it black enough, then Robert Smith will come over to play Rocket League with you.

2 Likes

Ah, Sony. There’s nothing like having a huge stake in ‘content’ to give an otherwise-actually-promising-from-time-to-time consumer electronics vendor one hell of a mean, arrogant, controlling streak.

I’m reminded of the joke in Yes Minister about how you couldn’t trust a rumour until it had been officially denied.

2 Likes

I’d get a lot more entertainment out of it if I was expected to build the thing from components.
Actually, as I build my own gaming PC and don’t own a console, I suppose that’s exactly what I do already.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.