Sounds like Elon "Techno King" Musk's all-hands meeting with Twitter staff went poorly

Originally published at: Sounds like Elon "Techno King" Musk's all-hands meeting with Twitter staff went poorly | Boing Boing

5 Likes

He gave himself this a long time ago in an attempt to mock the SEC

5 Likes

I guess Pedo Guy just reigns supreme for him, in my book. He went to court for our right to call him that.

Edit made.

16 Likes

He will always be a pedo guy*

*In my culture that’s just what we call insufferable douchebags

9 Likes

At the moment, I am very glad I am neither directly invested in or an employee of either Twitter or Tesla. What an embarrassment this guy is.

8 Likes

Yes, truly an embarrassment.

5 Likes

I understand that our priorities likely differ(thankfully); but it seems very weird for someone with functionally unlimited money and a satellite internet company to appear on a subpar video feed. Is that some sort of weird flex that I don’t understand; or genuinely someone who could do better at effectively zero marginal cost doing worse voluntarily?

7 Likes

I can’t read it as anything other than an expression of contempt for the Twitter execs and staff he feels forced him to do this.

11 Likes

If it doesn’t involve the aliens, can you really call it an “all hands” meeting?

7 Likes

What if the aliens don’t have hands?

“All pseudopods meeting”?

8 Likes

very diplomatic language

6 Likes

Exhibit A: In the meandering call, which lasted about an hour, Musk at times took bizarre tangents, including briefly discussing aliens and noting that he had dubbed himself the “techno-king” of Tesla, according to a person who heard him speak. “That was pure chaos,” the person said.

Exhibit B: Appearing via a crappy cell phone camera feed

It sounds as if the ALL-Hands came out of the clear blue. For all we know, he may have said what he had to say while sitting on the toilet.

3 Likes

In the meandering call, which lasted about an hour, Musk at times took bizarre tangents, including briefly discussing aliens and noting that he had dubbed himself the “techno-king” of Tesla, according to a person who heard him speak.

This just makes me think he’s Trump’s unacknowledged son.

3 Likes

Elliott Carver did it better a quarter of a century ago

1 Like

It’s basically this scene from Silicon Valley

2 Likes

I wonder how many people on the call were actively looking at other jobs while they were watching. There can’t be many worse signs at work than the new owner visibly not giving a shit

6 Likes

I’m having flashbacks to when an Ex-Carlisle United owner started talking about aliens. Things only went downhill after that, and it was six years of downhill.

I have no love for Twitter, but I offer this sincere advice to them.

Run! Run far away from this arsehole. He will only cause you harm.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.