Twitter engineers say Musk doesn't know wtf he's talking about

Originally published at: Twitter engineers say Musk doesn't know wtf he's talking about | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Musk has just demonstrated how you get the most benefit out of leaving the company. I expect he’s going to get corrected by everyone competent in the company, particularly the most skilled people who can most easily find new jobs. Also sends a message to people at SpaceX and Tesla who have other options.

42 Likes

That does seem to be the same interaction restyling in “He’s fired” twice. Ok, I expect both gentlemen are already fired, but you’re presenting it as separate events.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, in Der Twitterbunker; Musk responds to a subordinate pointing out Musk’s shortcomings.

9 Likes

Firing experts who know what they’re talking about is always a recipe for success. Just look at Putin’s Russia (although there the termination is often also the fatal kind).

Elon seems intent on setting a world record for destroying $44-billion.

38 Likes

It seems like for everything Muskmelon does at Twitter, “there’s a tweet for that.”

elonfox

97 Likes

One doesn’t really have to be an engineer to say Musk doesn’t know wtf he’s talking about.

36 Likes

Indeed: I’m an administrator, not really an engineer, and I know this.

24 Likes

Really, having any of that conversation over twitter is a bad sign.

30 Likes

Funny how the more competent people Musk fires, the worse Twitter gets. Who could have foreseen THAT?

39 Likes

The only good thing about all this is watching the myth of Musk’s SUPER-GENIUS getting destroyed.

42 Likes

elusion

63 Likes

Elon has had such a huge impact on the technology world. He deserves to be memorialized.

I propose we rename the Dunning-Kruger Effect the Musk Effect.

43 Likes

fail looney tunes GIF

Geen-e-us!

40 Likes

Somebody probably has a GIF of an arch-villain pressing a button to open the trapdoor beneath an nay-saying underling. (It always seemed counterproductive to me that the villain killed off his best people when they failed because that left him with only second-stringers.) Musk seems to have the procedure down. Maybe he can install a trapdoor in his office.

16 Likes
30 Likes

I wonder if a big fat failure in front of the whole world will do the trick or if people will insist that he is somehow secretly a genius like Trump.

14 Likes

Hey - I scored 75%. :wink:

15 Likes

In seriousness, I think we’re witnessing a different kind of fallacy here: the more successful you are at one thing (whether by merit or luck), the more successful you think you’ll be in general. And, relatedly, the less likely other people are to tell you that you’re wrong.

19 Likes

“Prepare my shuttle. I shall apologize to Lord Vader personally.”

30 Likes