Twitter engineers say Musk doesn't know wtf he's talking about

surprise-surprise-surprise

18 Likes

Yes, it’s exactly like when the crypto-bros bought that cruise liner in Panama to make their sea sted…
“how hard can a boat be?”

14 Likes

Well it’s obvious that Musk has been high as a fucking kite on the smell of his own farts for quite some time. Yet this shit is fucking hilarious to watch.

17 Likes

Musk should also take over the GOP.

23 Likes

Warning: TV Tropes links ahead. You have been warned.

You know, I wonder how many entries on the Evil Overlord List Musk has violated or is likely to violate. Three seem likely candidates:

Number 12: One of my advisors will be an average five-year-old child. Any flaws in my plan that he is able to spot will be corrected before implementation.

Number 17: When I employ people as advisors, I will occasionally listen to their advice.

Replace “kill” with “fire” in this one.

Number 32: I will not fly into a rage and kill a messenger who brings me bad news just to illustrate how evil I really am. Good messengers are hard to come by.

22 Likes

I wonder what idiocies this week will bring?

I’m not ruling out Musk announcing a ‘pay to tweet’ subscription model or letting users upvote more than once depending on how much they are prepared to pay.

10 Likes

Not a GIF, I’m afraid…

19 Likes

My money is on an inverted pay-per-tweet model where a tweet costs $0.01 per character, but that gets rebated $0.01 per hundred likes. (Or some variation of that with retweets, views). Basically, charging users to tweet and then giving them a small share of the pay-per-click revenue.

Headline: Twitter goes bankrupt in 42 minutes.

19 Likes

As a famous tech genius maybe Musk could even design it himself!

Mr Burns trapdoor button

25 Likes

My expectations while catching up on headlines have transitioned from “What harebrained scheme has Musk cooked up this time” to “has Twitter gone dark yet?”

14 Likes

RPC? You mean Remote Procedure Call? I don’t remember the last time I saw that TLA in use.

8 Likes

Not really a surprise, but it’s nice to get expert confirmation.

7 Likes

One glance at the slavering Musk-ovites commenting on any criticism of him on Twitter should answer that question

10 Likes

Its A Trap Cat GIF

23 Likes

Even with people who don’t love him you see “I wonder what his angle in all this is”, instead of accepting that he might simply be an egotistical know-nothing making things up as he goes. Which seems kind of funny…nobody has been defending Zuckerberg’s Metaverse, and it is a lot less stupid than all this.

23 Likes

Just like Trump, Kanye etc. “Surely he can’t actually be that stupid… he must be playing some kind of long game we just can’t see yet!” is a comforting delusion we occasionally tell ourselves because the idea of being ruled over by supervillains is still less disturbing than the idea of being ruled over by a handful of absolutely clueless chaos gods.

35 Likes

Turns out he forgot to fire him

30 Likes

Musk accidentally fired the person who is supposed to handle the firings.

45 Likes

But somebody told him this morning he was right so problem solved.

10 Likes

Amazing that he doesn’t have any problem finding engineers who are willing to tell him he’s right immediately after he fired everyone who told him he was wrong.

38 Likes