Soup Nasty: woman arrested after throwing spicy menudo in server's face

If she’s deliberately harming other humans, I’m sure that there’s a host of ethical violations that could very theoretically put her licensing in danger… Who am I kidding? Professional boards do everything they can to not have even get close to that line, and I’m sure the argument would be that this wasn’t at work so…

4 Likes

So she picked up the soup from the restaurant, took it home where she decided it was too hot, called the restaurant to complain, and then went back to the restaurant with the hot soup to complain further?? It seems like there was an easy solution to the problem that wouldn’t have involved so much strife. If only there were a way to cool something that was too hot…

4 Likes

Not much of a punishment if you ask me.

1 Like

I was taught that the Pilgrims fled England (via Plymouth, where I live) due to “Religious Persecution” - Mostly meaning they couldn’t persecute people for things they considered heresy - ( Millenary Petition etc).

If only they had waited a few decades - They’d have loved Cromwell.

4 Likes

…and vice versa.

I love pointing out to people that this country was founded by people who were too uptight for even the Brits! :wink:

6 Likes

Ms Martinez, the customer, was not carrying a firearm. In Texas (that land of sediment washed down from New Mexico). Isn’t firearm possession mandatory in Texas, same as smoking in public? I recall that the last time I was in Texas, I neither smoked nor shot at anyone, and locals looked at me funny. I’ll know better, next time.

3 Likes

An American once told me “My country makes a lot more sense when you remember that the first Europeans to settle there were a mix of mercenaries and religious nutcases.”

6 Likes

I don’t know enough about the history, but I’ve met enough puritans to bet $40 on “No, they’d have found something to disagree about, murderously.”

4 Likes

Sol De Jalisco may see it as less a punishment for Amanda and more as self-protection for their employees. As far as punishment, the assault charge should address that.

3 Likes

Two weeks ago I was visiting my folks in PA. We wore masks at a couple of public places. Oh, the looks we got.

5 Likes

It’s the loyalty cards.

B231556

1 Like

On the nosie, Nosaj!

Actually, I was unfair to Ollie - They’d have liked the puritan parliament specifically, with bans on Christmas, Easter etc celebrations. Cromwell was far more tolerant of religious “unorthodoxy” than most at the time.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.