Soviet Synthpop of the 80s

I find this both fascinating and terrifying.

The look on the audiences’ faces reminds me of live Western audiences’ dead reaction to early experimental/avant-garde/prog rock performances. Eventually, confused dilettantes dropped away leaving engaged fans, but, at first…?

1 Like

I like it. Would fit perfectly into some of my playlists.

ETA: Went to Spotify to follow Vitas and discovered I’m already following him. My life is Memento. Off to get Vitas tattoo so I don’t forget again. Oh something shiny. Hey, cool video. This Vitas guy would fit into some of my play lists…

when you’re done if you feel like branching into russian post-punk motorama is pretty good

1 Like

The ‘80’s was a very weird period in the USSR.

(heaps of good Soviet/post-Soviet kitsch on that Twitter account, BTW)

6 Likes

If you like choruses like “Na zare” you’ll love this

1 Like

I prefer Na zare… I found the lyrics and had them translated, BTW.

Na zare - At dawn.

No, no, no, I already know,
I know my youth is over.
Now I can only remember. And I remember when I was young, I didn’t feel happy. On the contrary, it seemed to me that everything was complicated, they didn’t understand me, they couldn’t hear me, but now I know that there and then there was happiness. And then I didn’t know anything. Then I wanted so much! I was waiting for something then! And I thought I heard my name…

At dawn, the voices call me!
At dawn, the voices call me!

Then what was I waiting for? I was waiting for a wonderful fate, a unique life. How I wanted to feel everything, try everything and as soon as possible. I could then walk down the street, reflect in the windows and could strongly hope that I would be loved and expected. I could also think sweetly until morning and feel trembling that I was about to, this morning, soon…soon…

And there, in my youth, when I was looking at the morning fog over the river and returning home in the morning, in the still sleeping city, it always seemed to me, or rather, I was sure that they called me… it was me…

Youth has passed… But life goes on… It gives us moments of happiness, and sometimes tries to break… A multifaceted, multifaceted life… And after ten years we will again understand that we were happy, but we have not noticed it again… We just need to appreciate it here and now, as it is… Life is this and there is a Happiness…

Нет-нет, я уже знаю,
Я знаю, что юность закончилась.
Теперь я могу только вспоминать. А я помню, тогда, в юности, я не чувствовал себя счастливым. Мне казалось наоборот, что все сложно, меня не понимают, меня не слышат, но теперь-то я знаю, что там и тогда было счастье. А тогда я ничего не знал. Тогда так всего хотел! Как же я ждал тогда чего-то! И мне казалось я слышу, что меня зовут…

На заре голоса зовут меня!
На заре голоса зовут меня!

А чего я ждал тогда? Я ждал себе удивительной судьбы, неповторимой жизни. Как я хотел все почувствовать, все попробовать и как можно скорее. Я тогда мог идти по улице, отражаться в витринах и мог сильно надеяться, что меня обязательно полюбят, что меня ждут. А еще я мог до утра сладко думать и с трепетом чувствовать, что вот-вот, уже этим утром, уже скоро…уже скоро…

И там, в юности, когда я смотрел на утренний туман над речкой и возвращался домой под утро, по еще спящему городу, мне всегда казалось, точнее, я был уверен, что зовут они именно меня…именно меня…

Юность прошла…Но жизнь продолжается…Она дарит нам мгновения счастья, а иногда пытается сломать…Многогранная, многоликая жизнь…И спустя десяток лет мы снова поймем, что были счастливы, но снова не заметили этого…Нужно просто ценить ее здесь и сейчас, такой, какая она есть…ЖИЗНЬ-ЭТО И ЕСТЬ СЧАСТЬЕ…

2 Likes

His dontgiveafuckery is awesome.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.