Spaaaaace (Part 1)

At this stage, I can neither confirm or deny whether I have any plans to travel to the US in order to obscure the eclipse.

5 Likes
2 Likes

First rocket launch from UK soil now has… a logo

A design by six-year-old Callum Wilkinson was picked and will adorn the first rockets launching satellites from the UK later this year.

new_uk_space_logo

5 Likes

The Register gets up close and personal with ESA’s JUICE spacecraft

2 Likes

10 Likes

yuri gagarin space GIF by Morena Daniela

9 Likes

Needs more UFOs.

7 Likes

Beautiful!

4 Likes

I went down a bit of a rabbit hole of photographers describing the techniques used to create these images.

This one was great at describing the sheer amount of planning necessary to make a great image.

“Galaxyset” by Paul Schmidt was shot using a telephoto lens, a tracking mount, and very careful planning.

8 Likes

ESA: Fly me to the Moon, just not on a Russian rocket

The European Space Agency (ESA) has pulled back from yet more “cooperative activities” with Russia as the agency continues to adjust to life without its former partner.

[…]

3 Likes

[cue Richard Strauss’ Also sprach Zarathustra]

7 Likes

It’s not enough to just have an idea in your head and a camera in your hand.

Today I tried to film the ISS crossing the skies and take some pictures of the constellations. I liked a couple of the photos, but in the end it was a bit disappointing.

We see these amazing photos of the night sky and have no idea how much trouble the photographer had.

7 Likes
1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t have a car, so I don’t think I’d be very good at this. Looks fun, though.

3 Likes

So do I. My photo efforts are very bad. At least we can still watch the stars!

2 Likes
2 Likes

bill hader laughing GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

Kamala Harris Says U.S. Won’t Test Anti-Satellite Weapons, and Neither Should Anyone Else

5 Likes

Russian Cosmonauts Set Up Futuristic New Robotic Arm on ISS During Six Hour Spacewalk

4 Likes

Maybe this will provide the impetus needed for astronomers to rename Uranus to end that stupid joke once and for all.

4 Likes