Spaaaaace (Part 1)

2 Likes
2 Likes

A bit vague when they could have just copied Rocket Lab’s and True Anomaly’s own press releases. Also, “etching history”, who talks like that?

https://www.trueanomaly.space/jackal

It looks like the Space Force has switched from using SpaceX to Rocket Lab for the launch(es) for this. What I’ve read about True Anomaly last year only mentioned SpaceX.
Good trend, if you ask me. Now if only they’d do something about those uniforms…

Not good: some of True Anomaly’s money comes from JD Vance’s VC firm. Maybe that’s also where the name for their hunter satellite comes from?

2 Likes
1 Like

NASA confirms Florida house hit by a piece of ISS battery pack

Hunt told us that he believes the US must succeed with MSR, but it has to move the timeline up. “If NASA can’t bring this forward the Chinese will have been there and done it,” Hunt warned.

Yeah? So?

“This mission has got to succeed,” he added, saying that the US’s national space prestige is at risk.

Since the science is apparently secondary to bullshit soft power considerations, it should be easy to throw together a half-assed MSR mission. I don’t understand the problem.

1 Like

Just use Starship.

1 Like

There ya go! :smile:

1 Like
5 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

Generally I like these PBS Space Time videos a lot. But before I watched this one, I wagered with myself that it would fail to actually answer the question posed in the title. And sure enough:

Nope. No answer beyond trite platitudes like “it’s the gateway to the stars.” “There’s a little bit of water trapped in the regolith” isn’t a reason. I sympathize, though - it’s hard to make a video with this title when there actually is no good reason to go back to the Moon.

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like