Spaaaaace (Part 1)

Not that anything would still be alive on Earth by then, mind you.

4 Likes

Interesting. But if you ask me, the elephant in the room is the Commercial Crew Program in itself.

6 Likes
4 Likes

absolutly.

1 Like

what is that? time tunnel? e/ thanx, @BakaNeko.

1 Like

It is a japanese movie called Warning From Space.

[宇宙人東京に現わる_特報予告篇 (youtube.com)]

I liked the aliens in the film so much. They look a lot like some German pop band or David Byrne in Stop Making Sense

David Byrne Dancing GIF

I thought it was under public domain…

6 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

4 Likes

I thought perhaps this was Mummenschanz

5 Likes

“Taken by Hubble, it is a jet of gas being fired out of a supermassive black hole. The jet is 3,000 light years long (1 light year = 6 trillion miles!).”

6 Likes

NASA calls this jet “blowtorch-like,” and it seems to be triggering many stars near its trajectory to erupt.

We might just have spotted the answer to Fermi’s question.

Ever get the feeling that space is a bit hostile to “life as we know it”? :thinking:

4 Likes

episode 4 GIF by Star Wars

5 Likes
4 Likes

SpaceX Falcon 9 grounded again after second stage hits wrong part of ocean

ETA:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Another discussion of the issues with the Artemis program, as well as some suggestions to simplify it:

I’m not convinced that the program is salvageable even with drastic changes, but time will tell.

The biggest fundamental issue isn’t really technical though. It’s the stubborn fact that we don’t really have any especially compelling reasons to send humans back to the moon. What burning scientific questions can only be answered by humans landing there, as opposed to much cheaper and safer robotic missions?

3 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

… but two weeks later we’ll have the biggest full moon of the year :full_moon_with_face:

Got an idea for dealing with space waste? NASA wants to hear from you

but…but…the chinese!

1 Like