Spaaaaace (Part 1)

“We came in peace… for all corporate interests.”

4 Likes

Apollo 13 set off into space 50 years ago today. An ignored change order ensured it did not make it to the Moon…

4 Likes

TL:DR

1 Like
5 Likes

BepiColombo probe swings by Earth on way to Mercury – the Solar System’s must-visit coronavirus-free resort

8 Likes

that gif is so cool. thank you.

( i think i can see my house from there. )

2 Likes
4 Likes

Rewriting the checklists: 50 years since Apollo 13 reported it ‘had a problem’ – and boffins saved the day

2 Likes

It’s official! Space travel increases the brain size of astronauts, even when they’re back on Mother Earth

2 Likes

Choose your own thrill ride: A Florida slidewire or catching a rocket by helicopter

1 Like

Kepler telescope is dead but the data lives on: Earth-sized habitable zone planet found after boffins check for errors

3 Likes

Intelsat orbital comms satellite is back online after first robo-recovery mounting and tug job gets it back into position

The first mission that flew a spacecraft out to save an old telecoms satellite running low on fuel has been successful.

3 Likes

NASA makes May 27 its US independence day from Russian rockets - America’s back in the astronaut business after nearly nine years

NASA has set a launch date for the first mission by US astronauts to the International Space Station, using a locally-made rocket taking off from an American launch site, since July 8, 2011.

ETA 2020-04-18:

3 Likes

ESA’s exoplanet hunter Cheops gets the green light to start checking out future spots mankind could settle on

The European Space Agency’s latest telescope, known as Cheops, has passed its preliminary in-flight tests and will embark on its mission to study exoplanets at the end of April.

2 Likes

Star’s rosette orbit around our supermassive black hole proves Einstein’s Theory of General Relativity correct

Astronomers have observed a star tracing a rosette shape in its orbit around a supermassive black hole for the first time, an effect that provides further proof of Einstein’s Theory of General Relativity.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I think I watched this episode…

4 Likes

A job for the space force?

1 Like
4 Likes