Spaaaaace (Part 1)

1 Like
1 Like

‘Imagine’ if Virgin Galactic actually did sub-orbital tourism: Firm unveils new chrome job on SpaceShip III

2 Likes

Another successful flight for SpaceX’s Starship apart from the landing-in-one-piece thing

1 Like
2 Likes

Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) has unveiled plans for an enormous inflatable space station tended by cargo and crew carrying versions of its Dream Chaser spaceplane.
[…]

1 Like
1 Like

_X-rays are emanating from Uranus for the first time, according to the latest observations made using NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory.
It may not seem so surprising at first since Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune have been found to scatter X-rays from the Sun. But the data suggests that there is an additional source of unknown radiation being generated by Uranus itself.
[…]

Also, stop giggling.

7 Likes

If we were really continuing the supposed classical naming pattern (the father of Mars is Jupiter, the father of Jupiter is Saturn) the seventh and eighth planets should be called Caelus and Aether

1 Like

Uranus does stick to that pattern in part, it just uses the Greek rather than the Roman name for the god.

Also, if people wanted a giggle-proof name for the planet, we could have gone with the original proposal to call the thing George.

6 Likes
3 Likes

This news makes me want to buy a drone that is reasonably cheap and suitable for an occasional user.

8 Likes

A planet called George is funnier than one called Uranus in my opinion.

4 Likes

And it has 27 satellites. Can you imagine the names?

Phillys
Bob
Frank
Maude
Carlinhos…

4 Likes

Or it could be like one of the kings Louis in France who had four sons called Louis, Louis, Louis, and Louis. 28 Georges in the night sky!

4 Likes

Bah, just like Star Trek with those planets with number names…

George
Geoge I
George II
George III

George the last

2 Likes

Given it.was meant to be named after the king you have it right. Hopefully there’s a satellite with eccentric orbit you could call Mad Moon George.

3 Likes

Understand Captain America GIF

3 Likes

More like George Foreman who named all his sons after himself.

4 Likes

Crikey. Grill is a rough name for a kid.

8 Likes