Spaaaaace

Hey, you know that old saying about airplanes. Any landing that you can walk swim away from is a good one, right? :wink:

4 Likes

well, yeah;

but you want to be alive to do so, right? :grimacing:

2 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: WTF? Commander of the Boeing mission is a creationist???

6 Likes

Better a creationist than a flat-earther I guess.

7 Likes

Checking the timing of the radio bursts, the team found that they could be explained by an object that emitted bursts every 54 minutes, with bursts lasting from 10 seconds to just under a minute. Checking additional observations, however, showed that there were often instances where a 54-minute period would not end with a radio burst, suggesting the source sometimes skipped radio emissions entirely.

4 Likes

The speech he gave before the aborted launch on Saturday seemed awfully bible-thumpy to me. I guess this explains why.

5 Likes

im not saying ancient aliens GIF by Giffffr

3 Likes

The fully reusable starship has entered it’s space shuttle phase

(Spiraling complexity and reduced capacity)

6 Likes

Any landing for which you are dead, and walking away, you’ve probably got a whole lot of new, different problems about to unfold.

8 Likes

just for the fun of it; the air-torching of the front fin til splashdown (2x speedup, ~4 min.)

01:10; camera protection glass cracks, 02:30; mostly burned away and the fin is visible again. 02:48; surprisingly, the fin is moving and again at 03:42. splashdown looks like its finaly breaking apart.

2 Likes

Eight months later, the general is becoming increasingly mentally unbalanced, focusing on Sgt. Fodor’s loss as “God’s judgement”. On the Mars landing approach, he attempts to crash their spaceship, now convinced the mission violates the laws of God

3 Likes

Ariane 6 ready to rocket, bringing heavy-lift capability back to Europe

3 Likes

A tale of two missions: Starliner and Starship both achieve milestones

4 Likes

Astroboffins order most advanced spectrograph ever to sniff out alien life

5 Likes

5 Likes
7 Likes

9 Likes

5 Likes

What’s an O’Neill cylinder but a giant pee bottle?

– Paul the Pressure-Fed Astronaut

4 Likes
9 Likes