Space Aliens are no longer visiting Earth due to an allergy to our cell phones

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/15/space-aliens-are-no-longer-vis.html

ET checking in on us to see if we have nuked ourselves into oblivion yet

6 Likes

That’s a crude overgeneralisation. I have it on good authority that the Rambosians simply love our digital cellphone networks.

10 Likes

Technically, it’s not really the RF noise they object to, it’s the cameras! ETs are shy, after all!

8 Likes

And just in the nick of time to prevent an invasion, since Slim Whitman is no longer available.

3 Likes

Have to thank you for mentioning Rambosians, @FGD135! That’s a new one for me. Went down a fun Jasper Fforde rabbit hole this morning.

Initially thought the term was Eric Bogosian in a local Sylvester Stallone play.

2 Likes

C’mon, now. Would ETs take the time and expend the energy to travel billions of miles but then come up short because of shyness, I ask?! Of course they would: They’re frickin’ aliens!!

2 Likes

I told youse the tinfoil suit and hat were a good idea, but youse wouldn’t believe me! WHY WOULDN’T YOUSE BELIEVE ME?!

1 Like

Wait… does it mean they’re no longer going to invade us, and will leave us to solve all out problems by ourselves?

We’re fucked.

3 Likes

Good riddance to the little gray bastards. Now all we have to worry about are the CIA orbital mind-control lasers.

2 Likes

5 Likes

3 Likes

@Mangochin: Too soon!

1 Like

Compromise!

4 Likes

Just learned for the first time about Babylonokia tonight. I love it.

Coverage before it was determined a hoax:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.