St Louis police offer to fingerprint all the children in #Ferguson

At my sons’ school, they did this, but they handed the fingerprint cards straight to the parents.

1 Like

Ocular flash-bangs

It may seem extreme but when my son was growing up I always carried a picture of him in my wallet (not extreme) and committed to memory whatever clothing and shoes he happened to be wearing that day. I still have the laminated photo and index fingerprint card they made at his school in my wallet, but never needed to consult it.

I wasn’t abnormally concerned about kidnapping but he was an independent and inquisitive lad with a tendency to strike out on his own, and I wanted to be prepared to ask people if they had seen a 4-year-old kid about yea high wearing a bright red shirt, purple pants and bright yellow shoes running around on his own or hanging out with some other kids.

Or at least be able to spot him myself from a distance. Now that he’s in college and my eyes aren’t as good as they used to be I still try to remember what he and his mother are wearing when we go out, just so I can spot them in a crowd. Unlike most families these days we aren’t tethered to each other electronically.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know why everyone’s up in arms (so to speak) about this… next time the racist cops shoot an unarmed black teenager we will be able to know much more quickly who they’ve murdered.

2 Likes

Me too. When I was a kid, in the early 80s, they started trying to fingerprint us through the school. They used the same “what if you get abducted” line. My dad is paranoid to begin with, and was absolutely against it. I would have gotten it done, because it was through the school, if he hadn’t stepped in.

Or you shoot someone during a home invasion, or get your face blown off during a drug deal gone bad…

I can either assume you are just being rude to look cool in front of other the kids or that you are trying to challenge me to draw out a juicy story in your official capacity. Don’t make assumptions unless you want assumptions to be made of you.

http://www.ezchildid.com/WHY_EZ_Child_ID.html, The computer doesn’t save the child’s info, read the damn website.

They say it isn’t supposed to. The point is that they could very easily be lying. We all thought our email inboxes were secure, look how that turned out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.