Stan Lee lookalike haunts comic conventions

Originally published at: Stan Lee lookalike haunts comic conventions | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I’m my very own lookalike, I was told so not 5 minutes ago.

2 Likes

The real LooksLikeStanLee has been retired fifteen years and living like a king in Patagonia.

9 Likes

There is a guy in the KC area (or at least I have seen him at several shows) who NAILS Stan Lee cosplay. Members jacket, glasses - everything. The first couple times I saw him, I had to do a double take.

1 Like

Dan Gruden my butt. That’s clearly the Chameleon.

4 Likes

It helps that the original Stan Lee engaged in a bit of groovy cosplay himself.

3 Likes

Dollar store Stan Lee.

2 Likes

Stan Lee has successfully turned himself into a character of almost cartoonish quality.

The Stan Lee stans will be happy.

2 Likes

That story was a relief! I was worried it was this:

images (2)

Noted comic artist Bernard krigstein (“Master Race”, etc) commenting in 1965 on Stan Lee:
“I was delighted to learn that Lee has attained the status of an authority in the comics field. Twenty years of unrelenting editorial effort to suppress the artistic effort, encourage miserable taste, flood the field with degraded imitations and polluted non-stories, treating artists and writers like cattle, and failure on his part to make an independent success as a cartoonist have certainly qualified him for this respected position.”

Lucky for you. I look nothing like me.

1 Like

If you put in some effort, I bet you can do it.

The most successful fictional character Stan Lee created was Stan Lee.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.