Stanford rapist Brock Turner: “I've been shattered by the party culture”

I’m so sad to share a melatonin level and gender with this sack of crap, 'cos I don’t want anyone to be able to relate me to him IN ANY WAY, but what can you do? This kid right here? Walking, talking privilege. As much as I hate it, we own him, and have to make sure he’s the last of his kind.

6 Likes

Dear God, It’s me, Jilly. Each and every time I read yet another person explain to someone that someone who rapes is a rapist, another small part of me questions your decision to counsel Noah to build that boat. Just FYI. Thanks.

20 Likes

Oh, I see nothing wrong with building the boat, but maybe the space taken up by the humans would have been better utilised by rescuing the unicorns?

15 Likes

You had one job, really, Noah. ONE JOB.

9 Likes

Eh. I don’t blame him. I mean,

Noah looked out through the pourin’ rain
The unicorns were hidin’, playin’ silly games.
They were kickin’ and splashin’ as the rain was pourin’
Oh, them sally Unicorns.

It was the guy in control of the rain who set the deadline such that Noah wouldn’t have time to go get them.

4 Likes

Sigh. You’re right. But, as much as I want to be a pretty, pretty princess running with the rainbow unicorns … I afear we are off topic. You know who I do blame? Brock Turner. And his dad. And the judge. And that girl from the unknown Ohio band. And that dude who said someone who commits rape isn’t a rapist. And our culture. Excuse me. I’m going to go sing along with the Mighty B! about aforementioned rainbow unicorns.

15 Likes

And now I’m going to have the Irish Rovers playing in my head all night long.

10 Likes

5 Likes

8 Likes

You. I like you. Stick around!

19 Likes

And the young woman you raped had her life shattered by your penis.

Now man up and get some fucking help you gods damned wanker.

14 Likes

hey that’s not fair to the wankers.

10 Likes

The PWU agrees 110% ! Really the “Professional Wankers Union” is real.

6 Likes

Free advice: Stop. Talking.

What’s that thing they say about finding yourself in a hole and continuing to dig?

15 Likes

4 Likes

Wow, I never realized not-raping somebody was that easy!

Who knew?

13 Likes

Someone probably already said this, but I’ll say it again: it’s not the “party culture” that’s the problem here. It’s the rape culture. The one that lets a white swimmer (what were his times again? I need that information) off with a slap on the wrist because, after all, we wouldn’t want to ruin his life for twenty seconds of action.

15 Likes

Please note, where it says one incident every 14 days, those are reported incidents. Report rates are famously low, for disheartening reasons.

17 Likes

Everyone always forgets that excess alchohol consumption can kill. He did not just rape an unconscious woman, he failed in reasonable duty of care to a fellow citizen. He was bound to either provide or seek medical assistance to ensure the safety of the woman but instead, choose to drag her behind a dumpster and quite possibly have screwed her to death.
There is no excuse for failing to seek medical assistance for a person suffering from alchohol poisoning, instead choosing to exploit the helpless victim who could have been dying.
Excess alchohol consumption kills and the biggest danger sign the victim being unconscious and unresponsive, a warning that immediate medical assistance is required.

23 Likes

Indeed, not only have I heard of it, I’ve tried to explain it in my own words! But if the point is that I’m not clever, you’re right. Fortunately, I doubt there was much danger of someone mistaking my comment for groundbreaking theory.

It should go without saying that the blame belongs on him. I’m suggesting that we don’t need to designate him as a special kind of person in order to place the blame on him. He is an ordinary person who did an unforgivable thing, and must suffer the consequences of that.

This is not a trivial distinction, it’s important to addressing rape culture. Very many people deny that they or their friends are committing rape solely on the basis that “rapists” are monstrous, and they and their friends are clearly not monsters (after all, nobody truly is). It does not matter. Rape is a thing ordinary people - even nice people - do, and it’s still horrible because it’s always horrible.

8 Likes