Star Trek original bridge and action figures reissue

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2009/05/09/star-trek-original-b.html

3 Likes

I just watched the “toys that made us” episode about Star Trek and thought it was pretty funny how they made the Gorn by taking a spider man lizard head and putting it on a planet of the apes body. Looks like they’ve made a vast improvement at some point (the one in your article looks wayyy better)

2 Likes

In our youth, my brother and I had three of the action figures (I think the same as in the article, roughly twice the size of a Star Wars action figure) Kirk, Spock, and a Klingon. The clothes were all removable and we discovered that while the rest of his body was “flesh” toned, Spock’s hip section was blue.

We decided that Spock was wearing Underoos and that it was most appropriate that he should let the world know this by primarily going pants less.

His catch phrase was “It is illogical to wear pants.”

3 Likes

Something about the way Sulu is holding that hand phaser makes it look like he’s offering Mr. Gorn a Martini.

2 Likes

I know what you mean about “the magic”. This toy had it for a lot of people my age, as did the Navarone playset:

tumblr_nbg2kwjUSs1tsxieqo1_500|nullxnull

3 Likes

I was cool till I read office in London and was wait Cory moved…
@orenwolf time spill aisle 2009

4 Likes