Star Wars origin story for Grand Admiral Thrawn is as wonderful as I hoped

Holy War! Although I think it can only legally be a holy war in New Zealand.

1 Like

Jefferson Interdictor Cruiser?

Oh wow, the Star Wars Holiday Special! Totally canon. Maybe not good canon, but still Star Wars. Even says so on the screen, there.

It’s terrible, but terrible isn’t an adequate disqualification.

I have action figures—dolls, really—that all live in a box. How am I to describe them if they can’t be “canon”? Their packaging (now long gone) explicitly says they are from the Star War. They are not Star Trek, Planet of the Apes, Alien, or Micronauts, they are Star Wars figures.

None of the main characters even look like the actors in the films, but in exactly the same manner as a different actor can portray the same character as Mark Hamill in the radio series (or, you know, Obi Wan Kenobis), this hunk of plastic is Luke Skywalker.

Jar jar binks? Canon. Darth Sidious? Canon. Prequels? Canon, all canon. Star War fans don’t get to say something isn’t a Star War if it is brightly labeled as such everywhere you go. If they could, then we could claim anything we don’t like isn’t canon—thereby reducing “canon” to an arbitrary salad of meatflap-noises.

1 Like

I wonder if anyone else here has heard of Omega Flats?

Outbound flight goes back the farthest in Thrawn’s backstory and I really appreciate how it introduces him as a fully sympathetic character.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.