Star Wars sound designer on all those "Wilhelm Screams"

I looked but couldn’t find the clip, saw some other references to it though so I know I didn’t imagine it…

3 Likes

My BF’s known the 3-D Invisibles even longer than I. Brilliant local band who’ve been around since the late 70s - early 80s. They’re lovely guys, and as much fun off-stage as on. They always play a gig near Hallowe’en, and get themselves up in great costumes.

I was at this show - the venue’s only a couple miles away - right up front of course, dancin’ my arse off. At one point between songs, Creepy Rick (guitar/vocals) and I caught each other’s eye and grinned at each other. Thinking quickly, I yelled, “Watch what happens when I walk up to somebody!” and he cracked right up and pointed at me.
tophat-biggrin beer

4 Likes

Brilliant, thanks!

2 Likes

OMG U’d love them and their shows.

Here’s a nifty 3-Ds playlist:

Love that they even have a song called Gorilla Mummy.

2 Likes

Don’t forget The Havisham Scream! It was uttered by Martita Hunt, the actress who played her in David Lean’s 1946 Great Expectations. Here’s a shite video; sorry, but I found no better:

Yes, I had a copy, too. What future Yankistani Goth of my generation didn’t own this record?

2 Likes

That’s a gif I can hear.

2 Likes

Weird, a month or so ago I bought that LP at a Goodwill for 50 cents.

1 Like

Clean it well, and enjoy! It’s a classic.

That LP made me realize I was a sound effects addict.

For some weird reason, mom V much disapproved of my listening to sound effects records from the public library when I was a kid. It was nothing compared to her fury when I began listening to recordings of numbers stations in the 90s. She yellingly forbid me to ever listen to that stuff. tophat-confused Since I was a grown woman, I just laughed at her.
oookay

tumblr_inline_oteq30EyPy1qiwgw3_400

3 Likes

Goofy has more variations than the single one they used in this video, but it’s an improvement.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.