State Department says Russia is pushing coronavirus disinformation

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/05/state-department-says-russia-i.html

2 Likes

Via the White House, right?

21 Likes

Do the words “State Department” and “dis” cancel out, so it’s simply “information”? Or do they compound, and it becomes double strength disinformation?

9 Likes

Russia is pushing Coronavirus disinformation. That’s funny, so is Trump.

15 Likes

Is it just me or does the facade of the State Department building look like that famous illusion?

19 Likes

Well, definitely not just for the profit (and not a ploy), but wasn’t there an article just a few days ago saying that some pharma company was not planning to sell the vaccine at cost?

3 Likes

My mind came to a shuddering halt trying to parse this, I was only saved from a general systems crash by a hunger induced sudden power failure.

The Trump administration is accusing the Russians of spreading coronavirus disinformation.

Its like a Zen koan, “What is the sound of one hand clapping?”

9 Likes

Putin’s Puppet

5 Likes

They have been pushing anti-science and poliarizing propaganda for years. These days they don’t even have to hide it. Servers in Russia? The Right will bleat “fayk gnuuuuuuuz!” No matter what they say the MAGATS will believe it as long as it’s stigginit to libturds. We are a thoroughly propagandized nation, and I see no way out of it.

11 Likes
4 Likes

funny I had the same joke/not joke

2 Likes

I guess maybe Russian disinformation somehow conflicts with American disinformation?

6 Likes

Amidst all the agitprop, they just need to make Putin look like the good guy. I suspect some of our local lockdown protesters have Kremlin ties / sympathies, I so desperately want to make a protest sign and join them, as a fake protester. Except I don’t want to go near them.

My sign would say:

“I think Putin is probably the best guy for the job!”
“Paid for by the protesters for Putin alliance”

This might not succeed in sending the message I wish to convey, so perhaps this post is an adequate substitute.

3 Likes

These are only the visible sites showing Russian disinformation. Keep in mind the Republican Party and other anti-science groups are also pushing disinformation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.