Steve Wozniak hospitalized in Mexico after fainting

Originally published at: Steve Wozniak hospitalized in Mexico after fainting | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Be well, Woz!

12 Likes
4 Likes

Hopefully not related to prior head injuries from his Apple-era plane crash.

3 Likes

I was just telling younger colleagues about Woz’s brilliant design for the Apple II floppy disk controller today!

4 Likes

… that’s cute but I don’t think Woz had much if anything to do with even the earliest Macs :confused:

1 Like

Per Jimbopedia:
During the early design and development phase of the original Macintosh, Wozniak had a heavy influence over the project along with Jef Raskin, who conceived the computer. Later named the “Macintosh 128k”, it would become the first mass-market personal computer featuring an integral graphical user interface and mouse. The Macintosh would also go on to introduce the desktop publishing industry with the addition of the Apple LaserWriter, the first laser printer to feature vector graphics. In a 2013 interview, Wozniak said that in 1981, “Steve [Jobs] really took over the project when I had a plane crash and wasn’t there.”

5 Likes

… I guess his signature is inside the case with the rest of them

2 Likes

The original case design was pretty rad.

2 Likes

… TSA would not be amused

Spouses, keeping us stubborn men alive for ages.

4 Likes
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.