Strategic butt-coverings in video-games

18 Likes

Yes, Anita Sarkeesian, of all the people in the world, should embrace open YouTube comments. What could possibly go wrong?

51 Likes

In Mass Effect 3, their artists perfected being able to maintain eye contact with someone (female) you’re talking to, while still having their ass in your face.

Explore Jonathan Jurkiewicz
10 Likes

this just in: sex sells.

4 Likes

If you have an urgent need to release a rebuttal, feel free to drop it here. We wouldn’t want you to feel all commentstipated.

:video_game::crocodile::hankey:

27 Likes
25 Likes

You must be new to the internet…

26 Likes

Common ways men’s butts are hidden are by preventing the player from seeing below the character’s waistline, or employing a more over-the-shoulder camera angle, which has the added benefit of keeping the character’s butt safely out of the frame. The most amusing solution is to simply include a cape, tunic, long coat or very conveniently positioned piece of tattered fabric which actively prevents the player from getting a clear or sustained look at the protagonist’s butt.

Given that most men in modern Western society wear capes or long cloaks, I find that critique somewhat disingenuous.

45 Likes

Isn’t that kind of daft, since everybody has some degree of sexuality anyway? It seems like a desperate thing to commoditise. Why not pay to watch somebody else brush their teeth? Or - even help them to do it. Phwoar! Would you pay $20 to brush somebody’s teeth for them?

How powerful that would make you! How kewl! Your friends would be so impressed it would jack up your ego for the rest of the year! Just think about it! Hell, I can’t stop myself from thinking about it. BRB

1 Like

dude Rule 34 and no I am not going to go look for it.

18 Likes

$10 says I can find a related fetish online within 3 minutes.

Jesus, there are days I shudder to think I’m part of this species.

18 Likes

I gave it 3 minutes. One if you speak Japanese.

12 Likes

Christ, what an asshole?

5 Likes

I understand what she is saying, but…in a perfect world us men would be wearing these same outfits and not thinking about it. Over the last few years, I’ve taken to wearing compression tights while working out, biking, or even when I’m rock climbing. You know what? I can COMPLETELY understand why women love their Lulus and otherwise. I use to wear shorts over my man tights to hide the fact that my ass is perfectly framed and lifted, but these days I don’t care.

I use to get strange looks wearing them, but it is getting to be normal attire at the gym wearing these. It is actually far more sexist that more men don’t wear these and that the male body has to be cloaked as opposed to wearing clothing that supports, compresses, and massages the muscles. If I were a videogame character, I’d DEMAND something as form fitting and natural as what most of these women were shown wearing…

7 Likes

I know… My point was that the commoditisation of sexuality makes no sense from the usual supply/demand rhetoric of market wanquery. There is lots of body-work people do for their routine hygiene and maintenance, sex doesn’t seem any different. That’s why I compare it to brushing teeth, because that’s something most people don’t have neurotic taboos over.

35 Likes

So, what you are saying is…you are a Men’s Tights Activist.

57 Likes

Christ, what asshole?

26 Likes

15 Likes

Formalwear can be very liberating, and the tails cover a lot.

15 Likes