Strategic butt-coverings in video-games

Just makes me think of this.

10 Likes

“To be clear, the solution here is not to simply show more butts of male characters.”

Aww, shucks.

5 Likes

Exactly, that was my point. Why “sex sells” has never made much sense.

Don’t I know it:

4 Likes

Do you see He-Man’s butt?
Today I’ve commented on masturbating in phone booths in NYC and seeing He-Man’s butt. What is happening to me?

24 Likes

perhaps this is a learning opportunity, rather than a lecture opportunity.

just a thought.

10 Likes

I think you’re being a bit literal, matey.

2 Likes

If you find out, let me know because I am moving there.

I love my cloak.

3 Likes

While she may have a point, I think it is unfair that she cherrypicks games from so long ago (esp the old tomb raider games). Isn’t the industry allowed to turn a new leaf?

3 Likes

Its as if she has some sort of agenda.
/

1 Like

WTF?

Was her Tactical Swimsuit in the wash? I really doubt that harness, grinding against skin, is a good thing,

Do you think men feel normative social pressure to look like He-man, or do you think there is no normative social pressure on women to look like Barbie?

16 Likes

One side has breast implants. The other side has steroids.

2 Likes

Lissen pardner, summa us wears dusters or ponchos, too…

2 Likes

The traditional argument is that beefed up roided out He-Man dudes are a power fantasy (and a type of messaging intended for other dudes, mostly), not really a sexualization. So kind of a different thing.

20 Likes

Isn’t power (and its other forms like money) considered attractive? Isn’t it about status-seeking in order to, inter alia but primarily, attract the best mates? With only the outwards forms/actions differing?

2 Likes

In the context of games, both sexes appearances are geared to suit only men’s fantasies. Women are made to look super fuckable, while men are made to look how the male gamer wishes he looked. One is an object meant to be used, the other is an object to subsume oneself into. Either way they’re both only really serving male preference.

20 Likes

On a pure sexual attraction basis, I don’t think women are that into super roided dudes, so no.

The beefy power muscle message seems uniquely targeted to dudes there, whereas Barbie type sexualization is expressly designed to appeal to (and does appeal to) most men.

14 Likes

IMO, disabling all YouTube comments would be a step forward for the human race.

16 Likes

Are said 'roiders aware of it?

Or, what he considers (not necessarily in accordance with the reality) super-fuckable?

…can’t we invest the effort wasted on pointless rhetorics on making mods for said games instead? Then everybody will have whatever they want, nobody will get anybody else’s will imposed on, and peace will fall upon the land.

1 Like