Strategic butt-coverings in video-games

dude Rule 34 and no I am not going to go look for it.

18 Likes

$10 says I can find a related fetish online within 3 minutes.

Jesus, there are days I shudder to think Iā€™m part of this species.

18 Likes

I gave it 3 minutes. One if you speak Japanese.

12 Likes

Christ, what an asshole?

5 Likes

I understand what she is saying, butā€¦in a perfect world us men would be wearing these same outfits and not thinking about it. Over the last few years, Iā€™ve taken to wearing compression tights while working out, biking, or even when Iā€™m rock climbing. You know what? I can COMPLETELY understand why women love their Lulus and otherwise. I use to wear shorts over my man tights to hide the fact that my ass is perfectly framed and lifted, but these days I donā€™t care.

I use to get strange looks wearing them, but it is getting to be normal attire at the gym wearing these. It is actually far more sexist that more men donā€™t wear these and that the male body has to be cloaked as opposed to wearing clothing that supports, compresses, and massages the muscles. If I were a videogame character, Iā€™d DEMAND something as form fitting and natural as what most of these women were shown wearingā€¦

7 Likes

I knowā€¦ My point was that the commoditisation of sexuality makes no sense from the usual supply/demand rhetoric of market wanquery. There is lots of body-work people do for their routine hygiene and maintenance, sex doesnā€™t seem any different. Thatā€™s why I compare it to brushing teeth, because thatā€™s something most people donā€™t have neurotic taboos over.

35 Likes

So, what you are saying isā€¦you are a Menā€™s Tights Activist.

57 Likes

Christ, what asshole?

26 Likes

15 Likes

Formalwear can be very liberating, and the tails cover a lot.

15 Likes

I prefer to use the phrase BLM ā€“ Butt Lift Matters.

19 Likes

Well, a non-sexist perspective might be that of simply functional clothing activism/advocacy.

ETA: Ah, I see what you are getting at thereā€¦

1 Like

29 Likes

Time to make lemonade from these lemons, game industry.

Strategic butt covering could be a whole new series of strategy games.

From the game studio that brought you Rome: Total War comes, Bum: Wait, where did it goā€¦ It was just hereā€¦

8 Likes

Yep, I didnā€™t feel a thing for Lara Croft when they did all those horrible things to her in that last game. Is it because of her tight pants?

1 Like

And meanwhileā€¦ a FF character was given a ā€œsexyā€ tight costume and the push back was so fierce they covered him up!

21 Likes

It sounds like the push back was basically the ambivalent comments of one person, and that SE are on the fence. They might offer both.

Missing the point I think.

Men complained. The costume got changed.

Women dare even comment about female character costumesā€¦ women get death threats and have to shut YouTube comment sections.

35 Likes

33 Likes