Stuck in Space: Starliner mission is "Gilligan's Island" in orbit

Originally published at: Stuck in Space: Starliner mission is "Gilligan's Island" in orbit - Boing Boing

5 Likes

Gilligan’s Island?? Please!!!

26 Likes

Well, there was also the saturday morning cartoon spinoff.

17 Likes

Well they’re not exactly lost, more like stuck on a Space Station indefinitely without a way home. Others have already pointed out a different show with that premise:

23 Likes

contributed by:

Gail Sherman

6 Likes

Uncrewed science platform, I haste to add…

Anyway:

2 Likes

ruefully accepting the ongoing boeing nightmare, the worst bit about this debacle (so far) is that they’re going to end up handing oh-so-foul musk(y) the role of savior gawddammit!

9 Likes

Starliner’s issues have compounded a pretty lousy year for Boeing.

A lousy year of their own making.

6 Likes

The result of caring about stock price over engineering and safety!

10 Likes

Funny how all those cost-cutting MBAs never figured out that engineering and safety were a significant contributor to stock price. :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

I don’t think that NASA having the NSA’s TAO guys rig Boeing’s computers to play “Space Oddity” on loop if the logged-in user is management level would be an adult or productive response to the problem; but as abuses of a largely unaccountable and highly sophisticated technological surveillance apparatus go it would be pretty entertaining. And there has to be someone in TAO who would grin just to see the incongruous requirement for a UEFI implant with MP3 and LDAP support.

5 Likes

Latest: the Starliner may have become a permanent barnacle on the ISS, unless they can figure out a way to safely detach it from the docking port. Astronauts going home optional.

9 Likes

Oh, man, Joel was never not high in early days of MST3K.

4 Likes

That’s going to be some interesting overtime.

That does explain a lot!

2 Likes

St. Paul PBS late night weirdness FTW!!11!1!

2 Likes

I See What You Did There GIF by Nicky Rojo

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.