Student ejected from ceremony for graduating while black

How dare people have opinions counter to yours. Be sure to get the last word about how people care too much!

6 Likes

Why not? It will be under the robe, so who gives a flying fuck? (Other than other admins who have flagged women who wore pants/pantsuits instead of a dress.)
What is it with these idiots who come in here with their totally off the mark alternates? Is a hula skirt considered sacred and worn only in times of extreme importance? Same with flags, sombrero/serape (really? @deejayqueue sombrero/serape? that’s the best you could come up with? kind’a gives a nice hint to how your mind works), etc.

7 Likes
10 Likes
5 Likes
11 Likes

I somehow forgot about the ones that @RogerStrong had posted…
This was me coming back to this thread…

10 Likes

This topic will automatically close in 3 days.

3 more days…

13 Likes

And how’s that working out for you?

2 Likes

I’ll spell it out this time because wow. Holy fucken shit. Let’s see, will the Native Americans be wearing headdresses and building teepees on the stage of this fever dream? I’m sure people of color would run amok on graduation stages everywhere if left to their own devices, oh the colors, oh the humanity.
Maybe just this once, the people who are being honored can pick their own clothing and adornments? Or are we back to the collapse of higher education and/or society?

10 Likes

What’s up with these “savages” and their backwards practices, eh? They should be grateful for our attempts to eradicate them.

3 Likes

What in the actual hell

3 Likes

Yes, but are all those other graduates simply asked to leave, or are three sheriffs also called to remove said person in those other examples?

6 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

See, now here’s an important debate we could be having! I mean, I know the overbackians are wrong, clearly. But you know who’s worse? You know who’s out there? People who don’t care, that’s who. I have a friend who just puts the roll on at random. At random! Fifty fifty wrong and right! It makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

6 Likes

Clothes should be optional. Discuss. Quick, send up the PopoSignal! We need a derail!
(ETA: I in no way mean to denigrate our friend here. Poke gentle fun, maybe. I simply cannot think of anyone better to argue the point that uniforms are bullshit, and you should be allowed to graduate high school butt-naked if you wish :smiley:)

7 Likes

PopoSignal?

(this will hunt me in my dreams)

5 Likes

Yes, not being an authoritarian arsehole is one of the key parts of anarchism. I take pride in that.

15 Likes

Rule of law supremacists sure are selective about who gets freedoms.

4 Likes