Study: Acceptance of queer folk falls sharply among young Americans

10 Likes

Remember: the first pride was a riot, led by a black trans woman. LGBTQ folk have had solidarity from the very beginning and we should be suspicious as hell of anyone insisting otherwise.

10 Likes

Or, who did so on while finding their way to identifying as trans. There’s some real big blurry lines for some people, not all, granted, and no “coming out” journey is identical to another; history doesn’t always repeat itself, but it does rhyme sometimes.

For the record, roughly half of the trans people I know are still with the long term partners that they were with when they started transitioning, and that would mean to most people, seeing as *Harriet has transitioned, that that couple is now a lesbian couple. Damned if it is any of my business how they see themselves, though.

@KathyPartdeux didn’t state “trans IS gay” and neither am I, I just think there is, and should be, a little flexibility in people’s thinking around gender and sexuality.

8 Likes

I never said I didn’t believe that there were citations supporting your opinion. You found one right there. Thank you.

2 Likes

And I never said that you said there weren’t studies supporting my assertion.

You’re welcome.

5 Likes

It parallels the situation where Bisexuals are thought to really be Gays or Lesbians who are still coming to terms. It’s probably true in many cases. However, studies have shown that there are likely many more Bisexuals than Gays and Lesbians.

Personally, my observations may inform my opinion about a person’s destination, but I respect their identity, whatever that is at the given time.

Huh, first time I’ve ever been in the biggest grouping of anything:grin:

5 Likes

Don’t get cocky :grimacing:

4 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 12 hours unless flagged)

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 12 hours unless flagged)