Study suggests Type 2 diabetes "can be cured" by weight loss

Hawai’i, after an illegal overthrow, became territory by annexation in 1898.
It was occupied. Hawai’i became state and America’s own soil in 1959.

[quote=“TobinL, post:40, topic:70152”]
republican frontrunners
[/quote]At least y’all can vote for a candidate of your other, more moderate, right-wing party.

4 Likes

I totally agree with this. It comes from both sides. From the pharma company side treating symptoms is a heck of a lot more profitable then treating the base cause or curing a condition, and from the patient side treating the symptom is easier then having to make actual changes to your behavior/lifestyle that might be required to address the root causes. In the USA, huge amounts of money are spent marketing symptom maskers, and while I mostly blame big pharma, i also know that us consumers are partly to blame as well. Dubious profit motives combined with lazy consumer habits is a recipe for health care disaster.

I take the herbs Cinnamon, Gymnema Sylvertre, and Momordica for blood sugar regulation and my blood glucose tester says they work very well for me. I’ve also been eating mostly paleo/keto which has had amazing results.

2 Likes

Counterpoint: multiple recent cures for hepatitis. The remaining incurable diseases are incurable because the cure is hard to find or the disease is low priority.

2 Likes

Fine.

Ellwood Beach, California, February 1942.
Fort Stevens, Oregon, June 1942.
Brookings, Oregon, September 1942.
Bly, Oregon, May 1945.

Better?

My point stands: the USA has had attacks on its soil more recently than 150 years ago: it was attacked in WWII.

Though I don’t see what it matters whether Hawai’i was officially part of the US back then: we were discussing the perception of soldiers by the civilians of the USA, and I’m certain that Pearl Harbor felt like an attack on US soil in 1941.

2 Likes

“support our troops” always read as “support the government’s war”

-sigh-

1 Like

Kurzweil cured his diabetes and has some interesting programs concerning both types.

http://www.rayandterry.com/blog/controlling-diabetes/

I was diagnosed with type II diabetes when I was 35 (1983). The conventional treatment (insulin) made it worse by causing me to gain weight. I then developed my own program based on nutrition, exercise, weight management, and supplements. I have been free of type II diabetes for the past twenty years

…moderately low carb - about one sixth of calories, avoiding high glycemic index carbs such as sugar and simple starch, eating anti-inflammatory fats such as fish, nuts, extra virgin olive oil (because insulin resistance is caused by an inflammatory process), avoiding trans fatty acids and saturated fat, then I would suggest emphasizing weight loss. Even a small amount of extra weight is sufficient to trigger the inflammatory response that causes insulin resistance.

A cure for type 1 diabetes

Diabetic dog cured from the disease

Researchers at the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) have succeeded in completely curing type 1 diabetes in dogs with a single session of gene therapy by introducing a “glucose sensor” into muscle.

Ray Kurzweil Pulls Out All the Stops (and Pills) to Survive to the Singularity | WIRED

Say what you like about the singularity, he knows about life extension.

1 Like

You’d rather be not made aware when you err?
I wasn’t arguing your point, although I don’t fully agree.
When discussing the perception of soldiers and civilians of being at war on their own soil you really feel like Americans felt at war on their own soil in any way comparable to Europeans?
Because that was the discussion, wasn’t it?

The Attack on Pearl Harbor made America’s public aware of Hawai’i’s existence. Tiki boom followed.

I apologize. On the Internet, it’s not uncommon for someone to try and tear down another person’s argument based on a technicality, and that’s what I thought you were doing. In future, when you’re just trying to clarify a technicality and not to negate the argument, you may wish to preface your comment with such a disclaimer, to avoid conclusion. Still, I reacted with hostility, and that is inexcusable on my part. I’m sorry.

I’m not trying to compare the plight of Americans during WWII to that of Europeans during the same time period. It’s quite clear that Europeans suffered more, risked more, and lost more, and that they still feel and see the impact more.

However, I think that Americans during WWII respected their soldiers just as much as the Europeans did. I think that the time that has passed, the hippie movement, and the wars (or police actions, or whatever you want to call them) that have happened since WWII have more of an impact on the average US citizen’s perception of soldiers than the actual events of WWII.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.