Stunning motion-captured dance animation

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/30/stunning-motion-captured-dance.html

5 Likes

BB time portal has opened again.

8 Likes

we’ve seen this before or something quite similar here… but not recently and it is worth a repeat.

ETA it was almost a year ago.

7 Likes

Somehow i missed this the first time, but the mocap is definitely pretty cool. Though even without the CG the editing, music and dancing makes it a pretty compelling compilation of dancers and dance moves. The CG just brings it over the top and makes it great :slight_smile: I’m not great at dancing but i get a lot of enjoyment watching pros have a go at it.

3 Likes

well isn’t like the usual within 2 days so understandable… and I did say it was worth it.

3 Likes

Ha! I thought I’d seen this before!

Every time I see these types of demo reels turn up on the inter-webs I know it’s summer and SIGGRAPH is just around the corner.

1 Like

My God this nightmarish!

2 Likes

Music by Major Lazer, track is called “Light it up.” They do nice euro-danceish music, with only a hint of exploitation:

1 Like

IMHO, Major Lazer, while certainly a bit corporately produced, is superior to the vast vast majority of Europop.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.